Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Balloon Powered Vehicle Project.

My Balloon Powered Vehicle Project.


Powered by a balloon
Length: 20cm
Materials: Card/ Paper/ Straws/ Tape/ String. Etc
You must construct the vehicle.
Commercial produced wheel permitted.
Cite/ Ref all websites:

http://www.ballon.com/
http://www.blogger.com/

3 sketches of possible ideas for you vehicle.


Aim: to cover a distance of 2 meters



My 3 scketches:

1.



2.



3.

The vehicle I choose to make is the 1st one because i think it will go far and fast and i think it isnt to hard to build. I will find my materials in different places, McDonald's, in the classroom, in the canteen (food container) and at home. I will start building my car the weekend before it is due (14-15-16th) so i have enough time to build.

Materials and Tools used:

Balloon

McDonadls Drinks Lid.


Straw


Sticks x 2


Food Container.


Tape


Scissors



DUE DATE: Friday 21st of September



Step by step Process:


1. I gathred all my materials and made sure i had everything. (scissors, paper, tape)

2. Take the food container and put the sticks at each end of the food container.

3. Attach the McDonald's drinks top part to the sticks.

4. Take the Straw and tape the ballon on one end of the straw.

5. Tape the straw with the ballon on top of the food container.


DONE!



I tried bulding my car in tech and it ended up not working so i decided to start again and take my time and not rush trough my rpoject. I also changed something, so instead of having 1 ballon I will have 2 and will beside each other.


I will keep my same "step by step process" but i will change a few things:

Step by step Process:
1. I gathred all my materials and made sure i had everything. (scissors, paper, tape)
2. Take the food container and put the sticks at each end of the food container.
3. Attach the McDonald's drinks top part to the sticks.
4. Take the StrawS and tape the ballonS on one end of the strawS.
5. Tape the strawS with the ballonS on top of the food container.
DONE!

I tried building the car but it didnt end up working so i decided to try an other car deisgn but still didnt end up working. There are the picture of both of the cars i tried making:

1. Sorry i deleted it by accident but basically it looked like the plan i made just above.

2.

I think it didnt work because it was to heavy and the second didnt work i think because it was to heavy as well. If i could do it again i think i should make it not as heavy and take more time to do it. I should also start bulding in advance so that if it doesnt work i have time to work on it and change my planes.

MY BALLOON POWERED VEHICLE DIDN'T WORK!!!

By: Margaux Auzanneau 8-1JGN

No comments: